Sunday 23 December 2012

Saturday at Aunt Margaret's Kitchen

The visit to my uncle's place turned out to be a feast. After having a minced pork with spaghetti lunch, Aunt Margaret started preparing for dinner while I stood by to watch and learn a few things. She made stewed duck, roast crunchy pork, spare ribs soup, stir-fried beef, veggies and baked fish. I don't think that I'll be able to make these in my studio room because my bedsheets would stink for many days after, but I think I would dare myself to try them once I move into a flat with a larger kitchen.

D for delicious duck; this took approximately 3 hours to prepare
Just the right time when I was missing siew yok - nyomnyoms! 
Uncle showed me around in his backyard and summer house
3 days to Christmas!
Everyone was back for Christmas - Richard, Steven, Daniel and Chrisi. While dad whatsapped me showing pictures of everyone else back home having a good seafood steamboat dinner by the beach, I'm glad I still have family here to share Christmas with. Also, I've been fed with so much good food lately but I'm definitely not complaining! 'Tis the season to be jolly! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment