Monday 17 December 2012

F word

 Home-cooked food away from home and other Japanese meals that my family used to have during weekends

Yesterday was a food day, because Jin Wun and I decided to spend a day out in the city indulging on whatever we can find. She suggested that we go for Sinatra, where we had eggs benedict with salmon, and beer-battered fish and chips. I must learn how to make poached eggs, but it seems quite difficult to make them a perfect shape. Jin Wun didn't like the mashed peas that came with the fish because they had a very strong 'green' taste to it - I'm not very sure how to explain it. I didn't mind the taste and I thought it was rather unique. Besides that, we both agreed that everything else tasted delicious, and I also loved the interior of the restaurant. Definitely a good place to chill out.

After lunch, we did some shopping (more window shopping than the actual), then walked around the market square. I've been going for other cities' christmas markets, but I didn't spare mine any chance until yesterday. They had fewer stalls, but there were also fewer repeats of food and crafts. We couldn't resist the temptation of good food around us so we ordered and shared a portion of Spanish seafood paella. Yummy!

Later, we wanted something to drink so we headed for Shakeaway where Jin Wun had Dave (Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno) with extra nutella topping, and I had Dime and Maltesers. Jin Wun also said that she would try George next, haha!

So that's about it, that was my Sunday this week. How did yours go? x

No comments:

Post a Comment