Friday 14 December 2012

Fresh

Today marks the last day of my first semester at uni. While some of my friends head for home this winter break, most of us are either travelling to warmer regions of Europe or visiting each other within the UK. Looking back to September when I first arrived, I remember being excited over every little thing: blue skies, orange leaves, effective pedestrian crossings.





Living away from home also means having to learn how to manage your time and money properly, keeping a good balance between work and play.
We went to Alton Towers on the weekend of Freshers' Week.
Dinner at La Tasca on my birthday weekend.
The park surrounding Wollaton Hall is one of my favourite places for a stroll.


Since tonight is the last night before holidays, we decided to call for a takeout Dominos dinner. Hibah's birthday was just a few days ago and Kimmie had hers last week, so the rest of us planned a really last minute surprise for them since we were all caught up with course works and didn't have time for proper celebrations. Londis became a lifesaver, because that's where we got our blueberry muffins and Cadbury giant buttons. 

The trick is to heat up the muffins before decorating, so that the chocolate base would melt slightly and wouldn't fall off.  
All I can say is that I've had a great term, and I look forward to the next. For now, I'm just going to enjoy my holidays while they last! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment