Sunday 23 December 2012

Off the rails

Staying awake till 3 a.m. and expecting yourself to be awake by 6 a.m. is a stupid thing to do but I went long with the idea anyway. Just the night before travelling, I was watching movie trailers on youtube, Wong Fu Productions' 'When It Counts', then later stumbled across korean drama clips. Probably because it was the start of holidays and I was in the mood for girly humour, I decided to make myself a big bowl of quick microwaved brownies (only 5 minutes including preparation time!) and watched a few episodes of Full House - before I realised that it was way past my bedtime. 

This sinful thing had a whole bar of chocolates in it. 
Not surprisingly, I woke up just in time to catch my train but didn't have the chance to make my mushroom omelette for breakfast as originally planned. Sigh.

I'm the kind of person who can't live through my day without breakfast, so I had to get mine on the train.
Quiet morning at the station

For lunch, Charmaine brought us to Hong Kong Bistro where I had the Szechuan soup and lamb with noodles. The food was decent and their portions were huge - definitely a place to go if you're on a budget. 
After that, we went to her place to put our luggage, then went out again since the weather was great (Its kindness only lasted for a day, unfortunately).

Sham Castle

Evening view of the city of Bath from up a hill


Dylan and Charmaine were the main chefs for the night. We didn't have many ingredients, but the pasta turned out quite delicious actually - tasted similar to mee mamak!

While I wait at the dining table
Fusion of spaghetti, crabmeat, mushrooms, and chillies 
Later in the night, we watched The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and snacked on Doritos until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. 

That must have been the sign of a good vacation when you're with friends! 

Up next: Photos of Bath Abbey

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment