Wednesday 23 January 2013

New Year Resolution #2: Keep My Room Tidy

Yippee yay my January exams have finally come to an end! When I got back last night, I was greeted by the pile of laundry on my chair and the stack of unwashed dishes in the kitchen sink. I've been ignoring them for the past week, but I reminded myself that there wouldn't be any shortage of cutlery if I had them cleaned after every meal. So this is it - keeping my little space tidy is resolution #2. As I type out this post, my clothes are having a good happy spin in the launderette downstairs. 

Some stuff arrived over the couple of days, and all the things I need for my self-project are finally here! I'm not really pleased with the result of the fabric pens though, since they turn out to look more like crayons than ink. Guess I'll just have to make do with what I have and we'll see! 


And I got myself a plump winter coat. I was contemplating about whether or not to get a down jacket; I didn't like how it will make me look like a Michelin mascot, but I really thought it could keep me warm. Then I tried it on myself at the store the other day and decided that I wouldn't look too bad in it. Oh and TK sent me a postcard all the way from Japan! It was the Tokyo Tower, but initially I thought it was the Paris' Eiffel. Hmm.. Japan is definitely on my travel list.

I also regret subscribing to The Economist. I'm not exactly sure what excuses to make for the unopened stack of magazines, so I shall say nothing more about it.



Just when I thought it stopped snowing, it started again when I was out in the city today. I guess my fat coat's going to be handy for the next few days. Also, have I mentioned before? I like double-decker bus rides because I get to see more when I'm at the top. For example, you tend to miss a kite that is stuck on a tree when you're sitting at the bottom. Sometimes I wish I could fly to enjoy the bird's eye view.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment