Saturday 26 January 2013

Delayed

I just realised in the morning that today is no longer Friday! I've been so busy getting things sorted: my room is now spick and span, I've seen my house for next year, and there was even a steamboat party and a sleepover at my place last night.

After Nicole's Calculus exam on Thursday, Wendy and I joined her for a post-exam celebration at the city - drinking cold ShakeAway's in an even colder weather, dinner at Jamie's Italian, and very long chats about anything and everything. We were supposed to go for ice-skating the next afternoon, but we were late and so we did some oriental food shopping for dinner instead. 

Surprisingly my little space could fit the party of nine, but no one could walk around when everyone was seated. Hayley made the delicious tomyam soup base, but it was slightly too spicy for John - who probably never had anything as spicy as that in his life before. Say hello to asian invasion!

This week, I decided to try something different and bought two jars of Patak's Indian sauce; korma and tikka masala. Chinese stir frys are starting to get quite boring, so the rich creamy flavours were a good change.

Fried rice for a quick meal before an exam

Classes start on Monday but I'm not looking forward to it just yet!  I need a few more days for myself, I need to sit quietly in my room and do anything I want before the rush starts all over again. x

No comments:

Post a Comment