Monday 15 April 2013

Scottish Tours: Day 1

It snowed heavily again on the day we left for Scotland, which felt as if we were running away from the storm. In Edinburgh, we stayed at Best Western Kings Manor Hotel. It is away from the city centre, but easily accessible by bus. However, I would suggest that you take a taxi first if you're carrying many bags, as we did. I would tell more about Edinburgh in a later post, but here's the highlands part of my Scottish holiday.

Don't wanna get lost here
Yup, my dad went for the front seat since everyone went for the back seats first. Best view!

We went on a 4-days highlands tour with Scottish Tours, and we stayed at Duncraig Villa, Inverness, during our trip. What I did was randomly google Scotland + tour, and easily enough I found a good one. It was £375 per person if you're sharing, and £420 if you're taking a room alone; breakfast and tours included (excluding castle entry tickets and ferry rides because these are optional). Since there were three of us, I booked online for a single and a sharing room. What I would suggest is that you call them up to ask if you could have a family room if you have a situation like mine. Because we ended up having two large family rooms to ourselves, and each room had one king size bed and a single bed (which was really cool, but a slight waste of money).

On the first day, we joined a coach of about 40 people. We were the only ones staying overnight, for nights, so I guess day trips are more popular (although I think it is definitely better to go for a few days, and I will tell you why). Our guide was a happy capable man; I'm not sure how he drives AND speaks at the same time, for the whole journey. And it's not a short journey up.

We passed by so many lochs, and glens (pronounce "loch" with a distinct "h", loc- kuh). I can't even remember those names, unless I type out my itinerary, which I won't, haha! In a few words, Day 1 was all about: beautiful sceneries - one after the other, Scottish music, soup stops, endless fun. 

Looking for a good cuppa tea?

More updates soon!



1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi earlier! Glad you stumbled upon my page, so that now I could find yours! Love your pictures, especially those on your travels! Keep posting! :D

    *waves from this side of the planet*

    ReplyDelete