Sunday 14 April 2013

Easter travels: Reviews and more

Okay folks! It's about time I start sharing the details of my Easter travels, just in case any of you plan to visit the same places, or even if you're not sure where to start when planning for a holiday. 

My parents came to visit at the end of March - and guess what? It snowed in the morning after their arrival! Not a usual exciting event, as spring was not spring yet. That morning was an exception, obviously. Simple equation: Happy mommy = happy Joyce

If you're coming to Nottingham, I would guess that you're either a Malaysian, a Chinese, students, or parents in general. Haha! Not much to see, to be honest, but if you're looking for a decent meal while you're here, here's a couple of places you should go:

1) Sinatra 
It's at the city centre. They serve great British food! I went there twice, and the second time was with mom and dad. More photos here. The ambience is lovely too - very cosy, posh. Their walls are decorated with autographed portraits of artists and celebrities - Jamie Oliver among others. I'm not sure if that meant their presence at the restaurant before, but the quality of the food was definitely worthy enough! Just the food, about £9 - £15 per person?

2) Yod Siam 
Located opposite Sainsbury's in Beeston town, near Nottingham university. Thai food. I've been here.. 5 times? Or more. They have this set lunch menu, decently priced. £6 - £9 per person? The dishes on the main menu seemed quite expensive, I haven't got the chance to try them yet. On Sundays, they serve a buffet for £10. Not an extensive line, but decent enough for a good meal. Don't ask me about tomyam though, most thai restaurants in the UK that I've been to serve non-spicy white tomyam soup, which I kinda like, because I'm not much of a spicy food fan. But most of my friends dislike that, haha. Their roast duck with rice is nice, so is their crispy pork. Pretty ambience, oriental ornaments here and there. And very nice waitresses, thumbs up for that yay!

These are local Nottingham outlets that don't have branches elsewhere, so do give them a try! Hmm.. I'll think of more and update soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment: