Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 2: Isle of Skye


My favourite day. We had the wackiest guide, and her name is Allison. First she made us play Poohsticks at a bridge that we passed by earlier, then at this little jetty she tried to make us step into the icy cold water. Lo and behold, don't be deceived by the generous amount of sunlight!

Also, because I was wearing skinny jeans, I couldn't roll them up at all. Smart right.

My mom was convinced that I was quite half mad
Guess who were the only two clever people who went into the water?
Allison and me!

And for that little stunt, I earned 300 points! Allison created this game where she would allocate points for things you do, e.g. answer her questions correctly after story telling (100 points if she's pleased, -10 if you're American, haha!), if you shut the van door as the last person to leave (10 points), etc. Later in the evening, she taught us a Scottish folk dance - it's called Gay Gordons (apparently the easiest, but I kept stepping on my partner's foot; not very graceful obviously). Imagine dancing (or at least trying to) at a place surrounded by snow-capped mountains and beautiful lakes. You should try it.

Take dance lessons, or never dance again. Haha! My new friend from Brazil!

If you're planning to book for a Highlands tour, ask for Allison - you won't regret it!

p.s. I'm sending the first photo for a competition entry, it would make me very very grateful if you could go to this link and help me vote! It takes just one simple click, no registration or anything! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment