Friday 1 February 2013

Waiting for spring


How has your evening been so far?

My Friday night is a peaceful one; the corridor is quiet and the only sound I hear is Zee Avi's from my laptop. I just made myself a grapefruit facial, only because I didn't want to eat that bitter fruit that was lying in my refrigerator for a few weeks already.

Easter is not even here yet but everyone seems to be talking about summer plans. I don't intend to go home this time round, because I know that these three years are going to fly by too quickly. I also wish that I could bring all my special people along with me. I miss my weekends with family - be it a road trip or staying back just doing anything from everything to nothing. It is most fun when my brothers are back, because I would be bugging them for new music or movies or photos to see.  


I am also experiencing a sudden craving for Japanese food. I haven't had any Japanese meals since I got here (having katsu curry or a few pieces of sushi doesn't count!). Gonbei's buffet had always been a family favourite, only until recently when the management decided to change their business strategy: advertising their buffets at cheap rates on Groupon, while reducing the quality and choices of the buffet line. I guess that it's a good thing for them, because the restaurant was packed with customers the last time we visited, in contrast to the serene ambience we used to get. A long time ago, they served rack of lamb, cod fish, fresh tuna - even mochi and macaroons for dessert. Our last visit was quite disappointing, and now Gonbei is no longer any different from other buffet outlets. 


Does anyone know a decent place for a good Japanese dinner? x



No comments:

Post a Comment