Monday 25 February 2013

City calls

This is Rosie showing off her cat, haha!

Last weekend was a pleasant one. After a little lunch meeting with Rosie Hardy, I managed to catch up with one of my old time besties Kumuta before she headed back to Wales. Coincidentally we found out that we were both going to be in Manchester on Saturday, so it was pure luck to be able to see her that afternoon! 

Later I met TC, and stayed over at her place for the night. Her room window overlooks the pretty city in lights and I absolutely love it! The blinds are usually down, but I'm glad we had it up till the next morning. TC made curry laksa for dinner and we went out to an Asian cafe called Wasabi for dessert, where I had tau fu fa in ginger syrup and TC had pandan flavoured waffles. Back at her place, we talked till it was way past midnight, and before I know it I was fast asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to the light and I just realised how quiet a city can be on a Sunday. Because TC looked like she could use a few more hours of sleep, I decided not to wake her and I went back to bed instead. After an awesome dim sum lunch at Tai Pan, I made my way back to Nottingham since I have lectures today. I'm not very sure why but the journey back was extremely long. The bus took about two and a half hours just to get to Sheffield, then I boarded a train to Nottingham from there. 

Along the way towards Sheffield, I saw some very beautiful scenery - leftover snow on hill tops and vast lakes. It looked like a big farm area, since there was nothing else but hills of green, sheep, lakes, and pretty little houses. Thank goodness for that, because I didn't realise the length of the journey until everyone around me started looking at their watches and complaining that the bus is taking too long to get to somewhere as near as Sheffield.

I reached home just before 7 p.m., relaxed a little then said goodbye to yet another good weekend. I can't believe I survived Monday, and I actually completed my Japanese homework before attending lectures this morning! Very proud of myself indeed, yay! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment