Tuesday 12 March 2013

Nuffnang Entry: Youth Credit Card

Hey ho! So I decided to join my first Nuffnang design competition for the Youth Credit Card. If you'd like to join it too, check this out! Not sure whether I'm doing the right thing or not. Work is piling up but I chose to spent about a day to work on this.

I was staring at my own bank card for awhile before deciding what to do with my design. This final piece isn't what I initially planned to do. My first idea was rather silly - it must be because I'm doing Economics at uni and I'm stuck with utility curves and wacky graphs (yeah-ha, it was a pretty weird first design).

Anyway! I thought that the microchip could look like an expensive posh luggage bag, so there it is! The usual first thing that came to mind when I thought about youth was going out, eating out, spend spend spend, concerts, and more entertainment in general. 

So I decided to spell those icons out in letters: martini/(juice if you like) glass as a Y, ferris wheel as an O, inverted headphones as a U, kite as a T and our very own twin towers as a H! I'm not saying that you can't be youthful if you live in the outskirts, but well, you know, I think credit cards are mostly used in big cities. 

I don't actually own a credit card - I personally think the word 'credit' puts a bad impression in my head. Like seriously, I don't want to owe anyone anything. And if I had the chance to name my own "credit card" (with this design), it'd be called Yooouthooo! (prounounced as yoo-hoo!) :)

I realised that most credit cards come in darker shades, like deep silver, or black, or navy blue or gold. I'm not sure if there's any white cards around but it'd be cool to have one! It gives me a clean, casual feel - like how I prefer white iPhones compared to the black. If I had the chance to decide how I want this to be printed out, I would make my Y-O-U-T-H design in silver, and even the yellow and blue streaks in metallic prints. Metallic colours on white, mmm. 

I wonder if I stand any chance at this, but I must say that I've enjoyed myself. Comments and criticisms are very welcome, thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment