Sunday 22 March 2015

Fancy fast food

Being a busy foodie means you're constantly tempted to look for something delicious and tasty to eat, yet you want as little hassle as possible when it comes to deciding on meals. For the past few nights I've been desperate, and turned to ordering Indian takeaways and binging on instant noodles - Korean, Malaysian and Thai - I've tried them all. I've always thought of these as comfort food, but didn't realise how horrible their effects were on me until I've had them for several consecutive meals. I felt bloated and uncomfortable, thirsty despite constantly drinking water, and to the extent of getting minor headaches. My conclusion? No short-cuts.

Some meals take a longer time to prepare, but I've decided that smoothies and salads are my absolute go-to. They are fast, colourful, and much healthier than takeaways and instant food. I always sneak in one of two strips of bacon in my salads, because they add so much flavour to the meal. 

I also can't wait for this week to end because I'm itching to try a new recipe, perhaps red velvet cupcakes. Baking is fun, but on a side note I recently discovered the beauty of raw desserts, although it does take some effort if you don't have a proper food processor. All my ingredients were mixed in a normal blender and it didn't turn out as smooth as it should be. Anyway the taste was still as yummy as ever and I had a slice of citrus "cheesecake" for breakfast each morning for a whole week. The cake was made of Medjool dates, walnuts, cashew nuts, blood orange, lime, lemon, beet and coconut oil. No flour, no butter, and no oven needed.

Praying for a good week. Go Joyce, go.


No comments:

Post a Comment