Sunday 9 November 2014

Braids

I'm here, I'm here! Still alive and busy!
So much to do, so little time - yet I had time to braid breads. See what I did there?

Had leftover strong flour from pizza-making earlier this year so I decided to make a 5-braid loaf. Only tempted to bake this because I saw photos while surfing through Instagram and it looked pretty! However I think my dough was too wet, and it didn't rise properly, so the texture wasn't great in the end.

Not sure if I'm gonna do a second try on this since I've got very little flour left and I don't really intend on getting any more. Partly because I discovered that I might have gluten-intolerance, I'm trying to cut down on stuff like this. Not avoiding bread totally though, since I love them quite a bit! 
Have you tried Sainsbury's Cranberry, Orange & Pumpkin Seed Loaf? 
or Marks & Spencer's Pecan and Cranberry Baton?
My two favourites! 

Anyway here's the recipe I sort of followed - tweaked a bit here and there since I didn't use cheese and herbs. 

I also really want to try some gluten-free recipes soon so hopefully I'll have the time! Back to work now!



No comments:

Post a Comment